Creating digital experiences comes with its own set of challenges.
This is why successful companies are investing in event management software to help them plan, execute and evaluate their virtual or hybrid events. Because, ultimately, such a tool helps shape the quality of your guest’s experience.
But what aspects should you keep in mind when choosing an event management software? Let’s go over the basics to ensure you pick the right tool for your team.
Event management software is an all-in-one project management tool that allows you to manage all activities related to putting together your event. Such a tool should support you during the entire planning process, execution and evaluation of your event.
The features covered by event management software vary from tool to tool. Common functions include:
- Access to a virtual event platform through which you can host events easily, leverage breakout rooms, connect with participants and promote participation.
- Digital guest management which streamlines all communication with guests before, during and after your event.
- Numerous integration options so data and information can be shared across your organization.
- A suite of tools that foster engagement during events.
- Access to data and analytical information so you can evaluate your event and make improvements if necessary.
Every aspect of your event, from communication to marketing to the event and follow-up, needs to be polished and organized as it’s all a reflection of your company. So the process must run smoothly from start to finish. This is where specialized software can come in handy and support your organization. In fact, there are multiple advantages to using event management software.
The main benefit of event management software is that it helps maximise registrations and minimize the time and resources needed to coordinate a virtual event. Because such a platform stores all required data and organizational processes in one place while offering features that aim to make your life easier. Meaning you can focus on getting world-class speakers and marketing your event.
Online events involve a lot of moving parts. Event management software saves you time by automating a lot of the processes involved. From tracking registrations to processing payments and creating personalized follow-up email sequences, avoid daily Excel sheet updates and focus on the more creative and important elements of your virtual event.
At its best, a virtual event feels just as close and interactive as an on-site event. After all, that's what it's all about: engaging people and creating unforgettable brand experiences.
The best solutions on the market will provide tools that allow you to communicate with participants across all stages. From personalized emails before an event to features that enable participation during a presentation (for example, chats, surveys, live polls and Q&As), all in an intuitive manner.
With the disappearance of third-party cookies and varying privacy regulations across the world, a virtual event can feel daunting. You can spend hours researching the answers to privacy questions. But, most likely, you don’t have time for that.
Event management software takes data security and privacy into account. In fact, data protection should be a core component of such a tool. From proper documentation to explaining how participant data is processed and limiting access to sensitive data, you and your attendees shouldn’t have to guess what happens to your personal data.
Being able to assess your event is almost as important as the event itself. The right tool allows you to see, at a glance, the source of all your sign-ups, what participants liked and didn't like, and the timestamp most people logged off, among many other metrics. This information shapes future events, helping you to create even better experiences.
Whatever type of event you are planning, event management software can help you create and execute flawless plans. But with so many tools on the market, how do you choose the best fit for your team and your events? Here are a few fundamental features to consider:
- Know your requirements - To choose the right option, you first need to understand your team’s requirements and events. Brainstorm why you need such a software, what benefits you seek, and how many people will use it. This will help narrow down which tools on the market are a good fit for you.
- Customization options - Your event is unique. That’s why it’s important to choose a flexible virtual event software platform that can support it. This means a large number of integration possibilities and on-brand messaging options.
- User-friendly - Any new tool requires a learning curve. But keep it short by selecting software that is easy to navigate and understand from the start. A tool with an intuitive interface so you can avoid having to contact technical support to set up a guest list.
- Customer service - In case anything goes wrong, you’ll want to make sure to have access to the necessary support options. From a dedicated help centre to phone support, look for event management software that provides your team with resources and a helping hand whenever you need it.
- Price point - When brainstorming the features and necessities you’d like to have, consider your budget as well. Pricing is an important factor. However, don’t let it be the only decisive element, instead consider the value of what you need in addition to your budget.
Virtual events are here to say. Advantages such as automation options, increased attendee engagement, many integration options and access to analytical information, all for a fair price make event management software attractive to many companies.
So whether you’re planning an educational webinar for 50 people or a large-scale digital festival for thousands of guests, one thing remains true: event management software shapes the quality of your guest’s experience.
Need help finding the right software? Then get in touch with us for a free consultation.
Guest list management is the key to a successful event. Knowing your visitors and their needs is crucial to create memorable experiences. Find out about the 5 most common problems and how to solve them.
Anwesenheitslisten sind für viele Veranstalter, Gastronomen und andere Betriebe in erster Linie eine weitere Pflicht in Zeiten von Corona. Wir unterstützen Sie bei der Umsetzung. Muster als Download!
Without question, Corona has turned the events industry upside down. But this is no reason to put your head in the sand: Times like these are also the chance to open up new possibilities in event management, from which you will benefit beyond the crisis. The solution is called: Virtual events. Find out everything you need to know to go digital right here.